Imagine a girl who's only objective in life is to keep a secret, the secret, and protect it from the evil members of an organization called the Midnight Sun. She's not aloud to tell anyone, not even her mother. Cass, the main character of this book and a pointy-eared survivalist, is given this task. Along with her friends, Max-Ernest and Yo-Yoji, she is trying to figure out where the jester - her great great great great grandfather - left it for her. You Have To Stop This by: Pseudonymous Bosch is the exciting last book in a series of five. The mood the author is trying to create changes with the character's perspective. With Max-Ernest it is mainly humor, but when it changes over to Cass's view of the situation, urgency writes itself. Sometimes, with either fascinating character, sadness is top priority. This is a piece of text in the book which lets me know exactly what the author's mood objective is: "Yeah, no, I mean, it's not mine!" said Cass in a rush. "I was just wondering if you had a trunk like that because...because we're doing a unit on ancient Egypt at school, and we're supposed to put together a box of all the stuff we would take into the afterlife." Grandpa Larry laughed. "After you're mummified you mean?"
Pseudonymous Bosch was trying to create a scene where there was urgency and laughter. On the one hand, Cass was obviously in a hurry and trying her best to improvise, and on the other hand, Grandpa Larry thought it was funny and was joking around.
7 comments:
Good work Maddy! It has deep thinking and you used the reading a bit of the page thing at the perfect place.
Maddy, you did a great job and you put a lot of detail.I think you could have put it in paragraphs better
Amazing descriptive language I think you did good over all.
good job maddy
Great Job
You used good vocabulary words and everything!
Keep It Up!
Thanks! Yah, I agree, I should've put my response into paragraphs, Nakul.
can you see any sentences that were not correctly punctuated?
what do you think the author did that was not effective?
what aspects of the story would you have changed?
Post a Comment