Welcome!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekly Reflection - February 13th to 17th

This week was a GREAT and EXCITING week!
We had a 10th grader who was in our class all this week (he wanted to find out what it would be like to become a teacher) named Mr. Spencer! He was VERY nice and great at teaching!
In Social Studies, he taught our class (and the day before, Ms. Clayton's class) about the Singaporean Immigrants from 1842 to 1890. For example, where they lived, why they came, and their contributions to Singapore. Then we got to play Jeopardy!
He also taught the class a lesson in math about fractions, decimals, and percents. They said he did very well teaching that lesson! I wasn't there, though, because I go to a different math class.
Some days he read us our read-a-loud book, Of Beatles and Angels, which is a very fun and interesting book!
In RLA, he didn't really teach us, but Mr. Buxton did! We started our Narrative Performance Poems, and they are really fun! I am doing mine with Arielle and we our doing it on Gandhi's hunger strikes.
We also preformed our SLAM poems, I won for my group, and I had to preform it with the other 7 people from my class against 7 people from Mr. Howitt's class!
Another thing we did this week in RLA was bookclubs, and I think my group  did well! We all had great ideas, stayed on topic, and listened to each other.
The last event that occurred in RLA was that we had a Grand Conversation/Socratic Seminar with Ms. Bucknall's class!
All together, we had a CRAZY but AMAZING week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done for doing your weekly reflection. Make sure you upload all your work to your blog.